James LaRusch of the American Public Transportation Association (www.publictransportation.org) presents news of a renaissance of public transit in the United States.
Here, you can find links to the various videos we exhibited at the 2013 CRT Transit Conference in Buffalo, NY, September 14, 2013.
Each listing gives you the runtime for the video.
1. Moving Beyond the Automobile: Transit Oriented Development (3:18).
After the light rail is extended, businesses move in, followed by people. Note that in Jersey City car ownership is even lower than in Buffalo!
2. William Lind: A Conservative Voice For Public Transportation by Elizabeth Press on November 12, 2009 (3:21).
Transit expansion is not just a green issue. The business perspective is presented here.
3. Active Living For All Ages: Creating Neighborhoods Around Transit by Robin
Urban Smith on April 17, 2012 (6:40). http://www.amara.org/en/videos/WQu2IVetxYLy/info/
Seniors need to be near transit to continue active living. This has benefits for everyone.
4. Phoenix's METRO Light Rail Takes Flight by Clarence Eckerson, Jr. on June 17, 2009 (3:21).
Planning for large increases in population.
5. Take a Ride on the Seattle Streetcar by Clarence Eckerson, Jr. on March 10, 2009 (3:58).
The new streetcar line connects to rail and to interesting neighborhoods.