Download the Citizens for Regional Transit/21st Century Park presentation on the new Buffalo SkyLine, a thrilling tourist and community attraction, coupled with a world-class park on the Outer Harbor!
On March 30, Citizens for Regional Transit submitted public comments on the new Niagara Gorge Corridor Project. The comment document is attached below.
Here is the Citizens for Regional Transit Annual Report for 2014.
Here, you can find links to the various videos we exhibited at the 2013 CRT Transit Conference in Buffalo, NY, September 14, 2013.
Each listing gives you the runtime for the video.
1. Moving Beyond the Automobile: Transit Oriented Development (3:18).
After the light rail is extended, businesses move in, followed by people. Note that in Jersey City car ownership is even lower than in Buffalo!
2. William Lind: A Conservative Voice For Public Transportation by Elizabeth Press on November 12, 2009 (3:21).
Transit expansion is not just a green issue. The business perspective is presented here.
3. Active Living For All Ages: Creating Neighborhoods Around Transit by Robin
Urban Smith on April 17, 2012 (6:40). http://www.amara.org/en/videos/WQu2IVetxYLy/info/
Seniors need to be near transit to continue active living. This has benefits for everyone.
4. Phoenix's METRO Light Rail Takes Flight by Clarence Eckerson, Jr. on June 17, 2009 (3:21).
Planning for large increases in population.
5. Take a Ride on the Seattle Streetcar by Clarence Eckerson, Jr. on March 10, 2009 (3:58).
The new streetcar line connects to rail and to interesting neighborhoods.
6. Transit Oriented Development (14:27).
In Southern California, from Los Angeles to Pasadena and beyond into the foothills, new transit lines have produced a ripple effect, stimulating housing, retail, and commercial development. People have access to jobs, shopping, and the arts within a short walk.
View CRT president Doug Funke's main presentation here.